Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Beauteous Are My Cakes Indeed

"O my sons and my daughters, how I love thee! How I wish to provide for thee! Yea, I long to surround thee with delicious smells, heavenly smells! How gladly will I sit thee down in my banquet hall, for beauteous are the cakes therein!  Oh, golden is my syrup! And unto me shall gather the hungry from every nation --"

Young Reuben and Bethany sneak down into the kitchen in the church to escape the sanctuary.  Amidst the sweet and innocent flirting (complete with hand-fed orange slices), they have the bright idea to make some pancakes.  Post-consumption they head back up to the sanctuary, feeling slightly convicted for their pancake-making escapades.  The smell of pancakes fills the sanctuary, and lo and behold, these are the words delivered from the pulpit.  The irony and humor of this situation stuck out to me, so I figured what better way to embrace this but to MAKE PANCAKES!

And, thus, my house too smelled of delicious smells, heavenly smells!


Unlike Reuben and Bethany, we decided to spice things up with some bananas and chocolate chips.  Yum!


 And unto my kitchen gathered the hungry from every nation - well, at least the hungry from next door.

And one closing thought: next time you make pancakes, add a little Nutella to the mix or place a dollop on top.  Delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment